cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com.INVALID>
Subject CLOUDSTACK-8663 and CLOUDSTACK-4858
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2017 10:02:57 GMT
Hello guys,

I have a question on CLOUDSTACK-4858 and CLOUDSTACK-8663 issues that were fixed in the recent
4.9.3.0 release.

First of all, big up for addressing issue 4858 after about 3+ years of it being 'cooked' in
the oven. This issue alone will save so much time and network traffic for many of us I am
sure. This leads me to the question on pruning old snapshots on the ceph storage.

I am currently running 4.9.2.0 and for ages I've been having a problem with cloudstack leaving
disk snapshots on the primary storage after they are being copied to the secondary storage.
When I realised this issue, I had over 4000 snapshots on ceph. So, now I am running a small
script that clears the clutter left by cloudstack's snapshotting process. So, if I were to
use primary storage exclusively for keeping the snapshots, would my old snapshots be removed
according to the snapshot schedule? Or has this function been missed out?

Thanks

Andrei