cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [README][Quarterly Call] - CloudStack Development, Blockers and Community Efforts
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2017 20:59:41 GMT
Acknowledged, will be noted.

I'm working on the doc for this call here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/plugins/createcontent/draft-createpage.action?draftId=73636518

-- Please note - its work in progress

Calendar invite can be downloaded from here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B31Adqcpao6eRWh2R0ZXeFc3VXc

Copy and paste of the invite detail below..

-- Do not delete or change any of the following text. --
> -- Do not delete or change any of the following text. --
>
> Join WebEx meeting<https://persistent.webex.com/persistent/j.php?MTID=m144fe53c6b989da2b0bd0d950662d22f>
> Meeting number (access code): 644 427 929
> Meeting password: fbqBz2Jm
>
> Join by Phone
>
> Please connect using VOIP wherever possible and help the organization to control telecommunications
expenses.

> +91-20-6001-9797        INDIA Pune Toll
> +91-80-6001-9797        INDIA Bengaluru Toll
> +91-40-6001-9797        INDIA Hyderabad Toll
> +1-949-259-2970 United States Toll
> +60-392-122-599         Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Toll
> +44-203-713-5073        United Kingdom Toll
> +61-28-880-3212 Australia Toll
> 1800-206-547    Australia Toll Free
> 1-800-266-0614  India Toll Free
> 1-844-802-4451  United States Toll Free
> Global call-in numbers<https://persistent.webex.com/persistent/globalcallin.php>
| Toll-free calling restrictions<https://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf>
>
> Can't join the meeting?<https://help.webex.com/docs/DOC-5412>
>
> In case of any technical issues/queries, You can contact 24 X 7 Global IT Service Desk.
> Service Desk Number: +91-20-669-65400
> US toll free Number: 1844-249-2623
> India toll free Number: 1800-2100 -144
>

> If you are a host, go here<https://persistent.webex.com/persistent/j.php?MTID=m7b3d9c33fddaeb0386e6be4f09d256a3>
to view host information.

> IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this WebEx service allows audio and other information
sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining
this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being
recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.

On 9/5/17 12:52 PM, David Mabry wrote:
> Hi Ilya,
>
> We are also interested in contributing support for the RBD/Ceph Storage backend for the
new KVM HA feature that was rolled in 4.10.  We haven’t started work on that effort at this
time, so I don’t have a PR to reference.

> Thanks,
> David Mabry
>
> On 9/5/17, 2:13 PM, "ilya" <ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Hi ENA team
>
>     Please send updates today before 5pm PST if you'd like to have more
>     items discussed.
>
>     On 8/18/17 5:12 AM, Simon Weller wrote:
>     > Ilya,
>     >
>     >
>     > I'll be attending with a few other folks from ENA.
>     >
>     >
>     > Here's one for the Dev efforts -
>     >
>     >
>     > <ENA/Nathan Johnson>
>     >                  Ability to Specify Mac Address when plugging a network
>     >                   We're working on cloud migration strategies and part of that
is making the move as seamless as possible.
>     >
>     >                  The ability to specify a mac address when shifting a VM workload
from another environment makes the transition a lot easier.
>     >                   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9949
>     >
>     >                   https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2143
>     >                   Nathan Johnson
>     >                   PR has been submitted as of 7/13 is is awaiting review from
the community (Targetting 4.11)
>     >
>     >
>     > We'll discuss our roadmap internally for the next half and get back to you with
additions before the call.
>     >
>     >
>     > - Si
>     >
>     > ________________________________
Community Efforts
> [...]
>     > If you are, please kindly respond. If you have things to discuss -
>     > please use the outline below:
>     >
>     >   1) Development efforts - 60 minutes
>     >         Upcoming Features you are working on developing (to avoid
>     > collision and maintain the roadmap).
>     >           Depending on number of topics we need to discuss - time for
>     > each topic will be set accordingly.
>     >           If you would like to particiapate - please respond to this
>     > thread and adhere to sample format below:
>     >
>     >             <Company/Contributor>
>     >                 <Feature name>
>     >                     <Two sentence summary>
>     >                     <Link to FS and/or JIRA>
>     >                     <Lead Developer>
>     >                     <Release target>
>     >                 <Feature name>
>     >                     <Two sentence summary>
>     >                     <Link to FS and/or JIRA>
>     >                     <Lead Developer>
>     >                     <Release target>
>     >
>     >     2) Release Blockers - 20 minutes
>     >           If you would like to participate - please respond to this
>     > thread and adhere to sample format below:
>     >                 <Short summary of blocker>
>     >                     <Impact - 1 sentence >
>     >                     <Github PR>
>     >                     <JIRA Link>
>     >                     <Release target>
>     >
>     >     3) Community Efforts - 10+ minutes
>     >                 <Subject>
>     >                     <Short summary>
>     >                     <Name Lead(s)>
>     >                     <Target date>
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > Thanks
>     > ilya
>     >
>     > On 8/1/17 10:55 AM, ilya wrote:
>     >> Hi Team
>     >>
>     >> Proposed new date for first quarterly call
>     >>
>     >> September 6th 2017, time 9AM PST.
>     >>
>     >> This is a month out and hopefully can work with most folks. If it does
>     >> not work with your timing - please consider finding delegates and/or
>     >> representatives.
>     >>
>     >> Regards
>     >> ilya
>     >>
>     >> On 7/20/17 6:11 AM, Wido den Hollander wrote:
>     >>>
>     >>>> Op 20 juli 2017 om 14:58 schreef Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>:
>     >>>>
>     >>>>
>     >>>> Hi Ilya
>     >>>> Sorry, I should have highlighted that User Group meeting clash before
>     >>>>
>     >>>> Under normal circumstances, I would say: its futile trying to coordinate
calendars with such a broad audience - there will always be some people not available , just
set a regular date, keep it rolling (build and they will come)
>     >>>>
>     >>>> However, for the first call, there will be at least Wido, Mike,
Paul, Daan, me and probably a lot more PMC members not available because of the user group
meeting
>     >>>>
>     >>>
>     >>> +1 I will be present!
>     >>>
>     >>> Wido
>     >>>
>     >>>> To keep it simple, I'd therefore say, go with the following day
(Friday 18th) or the next Thursday (24th )
>     >>>>
>     >>>> I'm not even going to respond to Simons pub/phone suggestion.
>     >>>>
>     >>>> Kind regards
>     >>>> Giles
>     >>>>
>     >>>> giles.sirett@shapeblue.com
>     >>>> www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>
>     > [http://www.shapeblue.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/logo.png]<http://www.shapeblue.com/>
>     >
>     > Shapeblue - The CloudStack Company<http://www.shapeblue.com/>
>     > www.shapeblue.com
>     > Rapid deployment framework for Apache CloudStack IaaS Clouds. CSForge is a framework
developed by ShapeBlue to deliver the rapid deployment of a standardised ...
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >>>> 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London  WC2N 4HSUK
>     >>>> @shapeblue
>     >>>>
>     >>>>
>     >>>>
>     >>>>
breakdown of the contents of the call.
>     >>>>>>
>     >>>>>> One thing to note about August 17 is that there is a CloudStack
Meetup in London on that day. The call would be happening around 5 PM local time (during part
of the meetup or during the after-meetup activities). As such, I believe the participants
of that meetup probably won't be attending the call.
>     >>>>>>
>     >>>>>> Perhaps we should consider another day?
>     >>>>>>
>     >>>>>> Talk to you later,
>     >>>>>> Mike
>     >>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> On Jul 19, 2017, at 12:59 PM, ilya <ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com>
wrote:
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> Hi Devs and Users
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> Hope this message finds you well,
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> As mentioned earlier, we would like to start with quarterly
calls to
>     >>>>>>> discuss the direction of cloudstack project.
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> I propose to split the 90 minute call into 3 topics:
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>   1) Development efforts - 60 minutes
>     >>>>>>>       Upcoming Features you are working on developing
(to avoid
>     >>>>>>> collision andmaintain the roadmap).
>     >>>>>>>         Depending on number of topics we need to discuss
- time for
>     >>>>>>> each topic will be set accordingly.
>     >>>>>>>         If you would like to particiapate - please respond
to this
>     >>>>>>> thread and adhere to sample format below:
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>           <Company/Contributor>
>     >>>>>>>               <Feature name>
>     >>>>>>>                   <Two sentence summary>
>     >>>>>>>                   <Link to FS and/or JIRA>
>     >>>>>>>                   <Lead Developer>
>     >>>>>>>                   <Release target>
>     >>>>>>>               <Feature name>
>     >>>>>>>                   <Two sentence summary>
>     >>>>>>>                   <Link to FS and/or JIRA>
>     >>>>>>>                   <Lead Developer>
>     >>>>>>>                   <Release target>
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>   2) Release Blockers - 20 minutes
>     >>>>>>>         If you would like to participate - please respond
to this
>     >>>>>>> thread and adhere to sample format below:
>     >>>>>>>               <Short summary of blocker>
>     >>>>>>>                   <Impact - 1 sentence >
>     >>>>>>>                   <Github PR>
>     >>>>>>>                   <JIRA Link>
>     >>>>>>>                   <Release target>
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>   3) Community Efforts - 10+ minutes
>     >>>>>>>               <Subject>
>     >>>>>>>                   <Short summary>
>     >>>>>>>                   <Name Lead(s)>
>     >>>>>>>                   <Target date>
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> The proposed date and time  - Thursday August 17th 9AM
PT.