cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [README][Quarterly Call] - CloudStack Development, Blockers and Community Efforts
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2017 00:29:52 GMT
Hi All,

I'd like to pick this thread back up and see if you are joining. As a
reminder, proposed date is September 6th 2017, time 9AM PST.

If you are, please kindly respond. If you have things to discuss -
please use the outline below:

  1) Development efforts - 60 minutes
        Upcoming Features you are working on developing (to avoid
collision and maintain the roadmap).
          Depending on number of topics we need to discuss - time for
each topic will be set accordingly.
          If you would like to particiapate - please respond to this
thread and adhere to sample format below:

            <Company/Contributor>
                <Feature name>
                    <Two sentence summary>
                    <Link to FS and/or JIRA>
                    <Lead Developer>
                    <Release target>
                <Feature name>
                    <Two sentence summary>
                    <Link to FS and/or JIRA>
                    <Lead Developer>
                    <Release target>

    2) Release Blockers - 20 minutes
          If you would like to participate - please respond to this
thread and adhere to sample format below:
                <Short summary of blocker>
                    <Impact - 1 sentence >
                    <Github PR>
                    <JIRA Link>
                    <Release target>

    3) Community Efforts - 10+ minutes
                <Subject>
                    <Short summary>
                    <Name Lead(s)>
                    <Target date>



Thanks
ilya

On 8/1/17 10:55 AM, ilya wrote:
> Hi Team
> 
> Proposed new date for first quarterly call
> 
> September 6th 2017, time 9AM PST.
> 
> This is a month out and hopefully can work with most folks. If it does
> not work with your timing - please consider finding delegates and/or
> representatives.
> 
> Regards
> ilya
> 
> On 7/20/17 6:11 AM, Wido den Hollander wrote:
>>
>>> Op 20 juli 2017 om 14:58 schreef Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>:
>>>
>>>
>>> Hi Ilya
>>> Sorry, I should have highlighted that User Group meeting clash before
>>>
>>> Under normal circumstances, I would say: its futile trying to coordinate calendars
with such a broad audience - there will always be some people not available , just set a regular
date, keep it rolling (build and they will come)
>>>
>>> However, for the first call, there will be at least Wido, Mike, Paul, Daan, me
and probably a lot more PMC members not available because of the user group meeting
>>>
>>
>> +1 I will be present!
>>
>> Wido
>>
>>> To keep it simple, I'd therefore say, go with the following day (Friday 18th)
or the next Thursday (24th )
>>>
>>> I'm not even going to respond to Simons pub/phone suggestion.
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Giles
>>>
>>> giles.sirett@shapeblue.com 
>>> www.shapeblue.com
>>> 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London  WC2N 4HSUK
>>> @shapeblue
>>>   
>>>  
>>>
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: ilya [mailto:ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com] 
>>> Sent: 19 July 2017 22:25
>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>> Subject: Re: [README][Quarterly Call] - CloudStack Development, Blockers and
Community Efforts
>>>
>>> The date conflict is noted - please provide range of alternative dates.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> ilya
>>>
>>> On 7/19/17 12:35 PM, Tutkowski, Mike wrote:
>>>> I thought about that, but sometimes you can barely hear the person 
>>>> next to you there let alone on a phone. :-)
>>>>
>>>>> On Jul 19, 2017, at 1:28 PM, Simon Weller <sweller@ena.com.INVALID>
wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> ...unless you take a conference phone to the pub 😉
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> ________________________________
>>>>> From: Tutkowski, Mike <Mike.Tutkowski@netapp.com>
>>>>> Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 2:19 PM
>>>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>>>> Cc: users@cloudstack.apache.org
>>>>> Subject: Re: [README][Quarterly Call] - CloudStack Development, 
>>>>> Blockers and Community Efforts
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi Ilya,
>>>>>
>>>>> I think this is a good idea and thanks for the proposed breakdown of
the contents of the call.
>>>>>
>>>>> One thing to note about August 17 is that there is a CloudStack Meetup
in London on that day. The call would be happening around 5 PM local time (during part of
the meetup or during the after-meetup activities). As such, I believe the participants of
that meetup probably won't be attending the call.
>>>>>
>>>>> Perhaps we should consider another day?
>>>>>
>>>>> Talk to you later,
>>>>> Mike
>>>>>
>>>>>> On Jul 19, 2017, at 12:59 PM, ilya <ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi Devs and Users
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hope this message finds you well,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> As mentioned earlier, we would like to start with quarterly calls
to 
>>>>>> discuss the direction of cloudstack project.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I propose to split the 90 minute call into 3 topics:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   1) Development efforts - 60 minutes
>>>>>>       Upcoming Features you are working on developing (to avoid 
>>>>>> collision andmaintain the roadmap).
>>>>>>         Depending on number of topics we need to discuss - time for

>>>>>> each topic will be set accordingly.
>>>>>>         If you would like to particiapate - please respond to this

>>>>>> thread and adhere to sample format below:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>           <Company/Contributor>
>>>>>>               <Feature name>
>>>>>>                   <Two sentence summary>
>>>>>>                   <Link to FS and/or JIRA>
>>>>>>                   <Lead Developer>
>>>>>>                   <Release target>
>>>>>>               <Feature name>
>>>>>>                   <Two sentence summary>
>>>>>>                   <Link to FS and/or JIRA>
>>>>>>                   <Lead Developer>
>>>>>>                   <Release target>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   2) Release Blockers - 20 minutes
>>>>>>         If you would like to participate - please respond to this

>>>>>> thread and adhere to sample format below:
>>>>>>               <Short summary of blocker>
>>>>>>                   <Impact - 1 sentence >
>>>>>>                   <Github PR>
>>>>>>                   <JIRA Link>
>>>>>>                   <Release target>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   3) Community Efforts - 10+ minutes
>>>>>>               <Subject>
>>>>>>                   <Short summary>
>>>>>>                   <Name Lead(s)>
>>>>>>                   <Target date>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> The proposed date and time  - Thursday August 17th 9AM PT.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Minutes will be taken and posted on dev list. Due to number of 
>>>>>> things we need to discuss - we have to keep the call very 
>>>>>> structured, each topic - timed and very high level.
>>>>>> If there are issues and or suggestions, we will note it down in few

>>>>>> sentences, identify interested parties and have them do a "post"
>>>>>> discussion on the mailing list.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Looking forward to your comments,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>> ilya
>>>>>>

Mime
View raw message