cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CloudStack 4.9.3.0 (LTS)
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2017 12:22:22 GMT
All,

I'll cut 4.9.3.0 RC1 before end of tomorrow, seeking any comments and blockers from the community.
Thank you.

- Rohit

________________________________
From: Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 9:49:02 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] CloudStack 4.9.3.0 (LTS)

All,

Over the past couple of weeks, we've reviewed, tested and merge several PRs. In the recent
Trillian test run against latest 4.9 branch, against KVM, VMware and XenServer all smoke tests
passed except for rVR and rVPC related failures which are same as the failures in 4.9.2.0.
The most common failure in the rVR setup is that the MASTER VR does not work properly, however
a workaround is to reboot it, which causes BACKUP VR to takeover as MASTER and routes, private
gateways and other issues resolve themselves.

During this effort, we've also tried to stabilize master branch and currently, most smoke
tests are passing on master for KVM, XenServer, VMware except for rVR, rVPC tests, and some
intermittent failures seen for some volume, vpn, snapshot related tests.

With this, we'll be running component tests and hopefully cut 4.9.3.0 RC1 for voting soon.

4.9 smoketest: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2217

Master smoketests PR: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2225

- Rohit