cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rajani Karuturi <raj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 4.10 release announcement?
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2017 04:47:14 GMT
Middleman is used only for website I think. For doc sites it's different.

~Rajani

Sent from phone.

On 18 Aug 2017 8:11 pm, "Will Stevens" <williamstevens@gmail.com> wrote:

> The HTML is built using a build script in the repo locally by the person
> who suggests a change. The build script actually uses middleman to generate
> the html. The generated HTML is tracked in the pull requests so merges
> result in updates to the published content.
>
> The readme should be up to date and the details should be clear, but I
> have not looked in a little while.
>
> I am on vacation right now, but I can check the details when I am back.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Will
>
> On Aug 18, 2017 2:32 AM, "Rajani Karuturi" <rajani@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Wido/Will,
>
> Do you know how the html is generated for readthedocs? Is that through any
> jenkins job? I think if atleast release notes are ready, we can make an
> annoucement.
>
>
> ~ Rajani
>
> http://cloudplatform.accelerite.com/
>
>
> On August 14, 2017 at 12:55 PM, Rajani Karuturi (rajani@apache.org) wrote:
>
>
> I updated the downloads section of the website.
>
>
> The following items are pending:
>
> apidocs needs to be added at http://cloudstack.apache.org/api.html
>
> install docs needs a 4.10 version at http://docs.cloudstack.apache.
> org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4.10/
>
> admin docs needs a 4.10 version at http://docs.cloudstack.apache.
> org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/4.10/
>
> release notes html needs to be updated with already updated source at
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-releas
> e-notes/en/4.10/
>
>
> uff.. we have lots of documentation. We should club them all to one repo
> and one url.
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> ~ Rajani
>
> http://cloudplatform.accelerite.com/
>
>
> On August 14, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Rajani Karuturi (rajani@apache.org) wrote:
>
>
> I merged the release notes PR[1]. Do we need to do something else for the
> changes to reflect on the docs site[2]?
>
>
> Downloads section of the website also needs to be updated.
>
>
> I am sending out a draft announcement to marketing@
>
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-rn/tree/4.10
>
> [2] http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-releas
> e-notes/en/4.10/
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> ~ Rajani
>
> http://cloudplatform.accelerite.com/
>
>
> On August 12, 2017 at 1:25 AM, Rohit Yadav (rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com)
> wrote:
>
>
> Thanks Simon,
>
>
> Overall, LGTM.
>
>
> - Rohit
>
> *From:* Simon Weller <sweller@ena.com.INVALID>
> *Sent:* Friday, August 11, 2017 7:56:52 PM
> *To:* Rajani Karuturi; dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> *Cc:* Wido den Hollander
> *Subject:* Re: 4.10 release announcement?
>
> Thanks Rohit.
>
>
>
> i've modified the list based on that.
>
>
> - IPV6 support for basic networking
> - Virtio-Scsi disk controller support for KVM
> - Ability to disable primary storage to secondary storage backups for
> snapshots
> - VMSnapshot (including memory) support for KVM on NFS
> - RBD snapshot backups to secondary are now QCOW2 rather than raw to save
> space
> - Strongwan VPN Improvements
> - Nuage VSP SDN Plugin: Shared networks support, Guest DNS support,
> Source- and Static-nat to Underlay and support for Nuage VSP 4.0
> - Significant performances improvements related to Virtual Router
> Deployment
> - Force power off/stop support for KVM, VMware and XenServer
> - Lots of bug fixes and performance improvements
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
> Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 12:51 PM
> To: Rajani Karuturi; dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Cc: Wido den Hollander
> Subject: Re: 4.10 release announcement?
>
> The power off operation (or force stop flag in deployVM API) on VM is
> supported for all KVM, VMware and XenServer.
>
>
> - Rohit
>
> ________________________________
> From: Simon Weller <sweller@ena.com.INVALID>
> Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 2:31:52 PM
> To: Rajani Karuturi; dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Cc: Wido den Hollander
> Subject: Re: 4.10 release announcement?
>
> Rajani,
>
>
> Great job on this release!
>
>
> Wido,
>
>
> Here are few more items for the feature list. I've combined those already
> mentioned as well.
>
>
> - IPV6 support for basic networking
> - Virtio-Scsi disk controller support for KVM
> - Ability to disable primary storage to secondary storage backups for
> snapshots
> - VMSnapshot (including memory) support for KVM on NFS
> - RBD snapshot backups to secondary are now QCOW2 rather than raw to save
> space
> - Strongwan VPN Improvements
> - Nuage VSP SDN Plugin: Shared networks support, Guest DNS support,
> Source- and Static-nat to Underlay and support for Nuage VSP 4.0
> - Significant performances improvements related to Virtual Router
> Deployment
> - KVM force stop support
> - Lots of bug fixes and performance improvements
>
> Can those that submitted other features please continue to add to this
> list? This will also help with the release notes.
>
> - Si
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl>
> Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 5:07 AM
> To: Rajani Karuturi; dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: Re: 4.10 release announcement?
>
>
> > Op 11 augustus 2017 om 11:56 schreef Rajani Karuturi <rajani@apache.org
> >:
> >
> >
> > Yes the packages are pushed. Status is still the same as my
> > previous update.
> >
>
> Ok!
>
> > api changes and fixed issues are available at
> > https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-rn/pull/30
> [https://avatars0.githubusercontent.com/u/186833?v=4&s=400]<
> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-rn/pull/30>
>
> 4.10 api changes and fixed issues by karuturi · Pull Request #30 ·
> apache/cloudstack-docs-rn<https://github.com/apache/cloudsta
> ck-docs-rn/pull/30>
> github.com
> copied from list generated by @swill
>
>
>
> [https://avatars0.githubusercontent.com/u/186833?v=4&s=400]<
> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-rn/pull/30>
>
> 4.10 api changes and fixed issues by karuturi · Pull Request #30 ·
> apache/cloudstack-docs-rn<https://github.com/apache/cloudsta
> ck-docs-rn/pull/30>
> github.com
> copied from list generated by @swill
>
>
>
> >
> > Pierre-Luc is helping on upgrade docs.
> >
> > Someone needs to handle the announcement part. I remember seeing
> > a draft from you?
> >
>
> Once we have the docs we can send it out + update website. Anything other
> people can help with?
>
> I wrote a draft indeed:
>
>
> "Hi,
>
> How does this look like initially?
>
> # Apache CloudStack Release 4.10
>
> The Apache CloudStack project is pleased to announce the release of the
> CloudStack 4.10 This release contains many bug-fixes and improvements since
> the CloudStack previous release.
>
> A few highlights:
> - IPv6 support in Basic Networking
> - More
> - More
>
> Apache CloudStack is an integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
> software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public and
> private cloud environments. CloudStack includes an intuitive user interface
> and rich API for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage
> resources. The project became an Apache top level project in March, 2013.
>
> More information about Apache CloudStack can be found at:
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/
> Apache CloudStack: Open Source Cloud Computing<http://cloudstack.ap
> ache.org/>
> cloudstack.apache.org
> CloudStack is open source cloud computing software for creating, managing,
> and deploying infrastructure cloud services
>
>
>
> Apache CloudStack: Open Source Cloud Computing<http://cloudstack.ap
> ache.org/>
> cloudstack.apache.org
> CloudStack is open source cloud computing software for creating, managing,
> and deploying infrastructure cloud services
>
>
>
>
> # Documentation
>
> What's new in CloudStack 4.10:
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-releas
> e-notes/en/4.10.0/about.html
>
> The 4.10.0 release notes include a full list of corrected issues, as well
> as upgrade instructions from previous versions of Apache CloudStack, and
> can be found at:
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-releas
> e-notes/en/4.10.0
>
> The official installation, administration and API documentation for
> each release are available on our Documentation Page:
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/
> Welcome to CloudStack Documentation ! — Apache CloudStack ...<
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/>
> docs.cloudstack.apache.org
> Navigating the docs¶ Now that you have gone over the basic concepts of
> CloudStack you are ready to dive into installation and operation
> documentation.
>
>
>
>
> # Downloads
>
> The official source code for the 4.10.0 release can be downloaded from our
> downloads page:
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html
> Apache CloudStack: Open Source Cloud Computing<http://cloudstack.ap
> ache.org/downloads.html>
> cloudstack.apache.org
> CloudStack is open source cloud computing software for creating, managing,
> and deploying infrastructure cloud services
>
>
>
>
> ## Downloads
>
> The official source code release can be downloaded from:
>
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html
> Apache CloudStack: Open Source Cloud Computing<http://cloudstack.ap
> ache.org/downloads.html>
> cloudstack.apache.org
> CloudStack is open source cloud computing software for creating, managing,
> and deploying infrastructure cloud services
>
>
>
>
> In addition to the official source code release, individual contributors
> have also made convenience binaries available on the Apache CloudStack
> download page, and can be found at:
>
> https://download.cloudstack.org/ubuntu/
> https://download.cloudstack.org/centos/7/
> "
>
> > ~ Rajani
> >
> > http://cloudplatform.accelerite.com/
> >
> > On August 10, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Wido den Hollander
> > (wido@widodh.nl) wrote:
> >
> > Hi Rajani,
> >
> > Did you need any help with the 4.10 release announcement?
> >
> > All the packages are out there and so are the sources. We just
> > need to update the website and send out a announcement.
> >
> > What needs to be done and do you need help with this?
> >
> > Wido
>
> rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
> www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>
>
> 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London WC2N 4HSUK
> @shapeblue
>
> rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
> www.shapeblue.com
> @shapeblue
>
>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message