cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] drop support for CentOS6 with 4.10
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2017 07:03:45 GMT
I would suggest that this would justify a 5.0 release.. might be a good time to get in any
other major changes....

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Pierre-Luc Dion [mailto:pdion891@apache.org]
Sent: 09 July 2017 13:46
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] drop support for CentOS6 with 4.10

Since 4.10 require JDK8, should we drop support for CentOS 6 as OS for management-server and
usage ?

all the Upgrade path tests I've made was by creating new management server on CentOS 7 that
have updated tomcat and openJDK 8.  our packages (RPMs) install well on centos7 and I'm not
away somebody test them on centos6.

Should we call a vote on this?  I'm writing the upgrade part of the release notes and I would
focus on centos7 only. we should also update our Quick Install Guide...

Thanks,

PL