cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CloudStack 4.9.3.0 (LTS)
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2017 10:20:07 GMT
Outback,

I think there exists some initial support for XenServer 7.1 in 4.9.2.0, 4.9/branch however
consider installing/upgrading to 4.10.0.0 (once it is announced) which should have the support.

- Rohit

________________________________
From: Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com>
Sent: 12 July 2017 21:22:53
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] CloudStack 4.9.3.0 (LTS)

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 10:41 AM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:
> All,
>

> Please send me a list of PRs you would like to see in 4.9.3.0 so we can freeze the scope
for 4.9.3.0, no promises but it may be possible to have a release plan as soon as next week.

Support for XenServer 7.1 would be nice....

> - Rohit
>
> ________________________________

fixes for several months without issues.  The code changes are all very easy/small, but had
a big impact for us.

>> I'd respectfully suggest they go into 4.9.3.0:
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2041 (VR related jobs scheduled and run
twice on mgmt servers)
>> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2040 (Bug in monitoring of S2S VPNs - also
exists in 4.10)
>> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1966 (IPSEC VPNs do not work after vRouter
reboot)

>> Thanks
>> Sean
>>
>> rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>> www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>
>> 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London  WC2N 4HSUK
>> @shapeblue

minor LTS release 4.9.3.0. At the moment I don't have a timeline, plans or dates to share
but I would like to engage with the community to gather list of issues, commits, PRs that
we should consider for the next LTS release 4.9.3.0.

>> To reduce our test and QA scope, we don't want to consider changes that are new feature,
or enhancements but strictly blockers/critical/major bugfixes and security related fixes,
and we can consider reverting any already committed/merged PR(s) on 4.9 branch (committed
since 4.9.2.0).

>> Please go through list of commits since 4.9.2.0 (you can also run, git log 4.9.2.0..4.9)
and let us know if there is any change we should consider reverting:

>> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commits/4.9
>>

>> <https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commits/4.9>I started backporting some
fixes on the 4.9 branch, please go through the following PR and raise objections on changes/commits
that we should not backport or revert:

>> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2052
>>

>> Lastly, please also share any PRs that we should consider reviewing+merging on 4.9
branch for the 4.9.3.0 release effort.