cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Boris Stoyanov <boris.stoya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Extending Marvin Smoketest Suite
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 11:05:46 GMT
Hi all,

I’ve started up this improvement, which is to extend Marvin smoketests with some more tests.
I’ve indicated a few tests from the component tests that I think would be really good to
have into smoketests, like for example Usage tests ( we don’t have any currently).

Here’s a list of items that I think are suitable candidates:
test_accounts.py - There are no tests for accounts/users in the current suite
test_host_maintenance.py - We have received reports for multiple failures around moving VMs
away from a Host set for Maintenance.
test_regions.py - there are no tests for this in the current suite
test_usage.py - No tests and this is quite vital to public and private cloud providers, CloudStack
users rely on this usage metrics and we should be testing this on a daily basis.

In the JIRA ticket I’ve added up more details against each group of tests since there are
some with problems at this stage.

Can you guys please review and add more areas that you would like to be smoke tested as part
of each PR in the community repo?

Thanks
Boris Stoyanov

boris.stoyanov@shapeblue.com