cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Syed Ahmed <sah...@cloudops.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] IOPS/GB and Highest Min and Max IOPS for disk offering
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2017 15:33:48 GMT
Hi All,

I am planning to add 4 new parameters to the disk offering. The use case
for this is as follows:

We want to provide a provisioned IOPS style offering to our customers with
managed storage like SolidFire. The model is similar to GCE where we have
IOPS scale with the size based on a predefined ratio. So for this I want to
add two options. minIOPSPerGB and maxIOPSPerGB. Now, based on what storage
you have, you have limits on the highest values for your min and max IOPS
and after which you don't want to scale your IOPS (SolidFire for example
can do 10k minIOPS and 20k max IOPS). To support this, I have to add two
more parameters, highestMinIOPS, highestMaxIOPS. This should work with
existing disk offerings without problem. I am looking for comments on this
approach. Would really appreciate your reviews.

Thanks,
-Syed