cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Developer Guide - Current Setup Guide?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2017 17:29:09 GMT
You may want to own the wiki content as well as the software.

A company may want to quote the wiki or incorporate some of it into
their documentation without having to get the rights from each person
who contributed to the page.

Even more complicated if someone posts a design or an enhancement and
then claims to own it and patent it.

It is good practice to make sure that Apache owns it all (code, docs,
test cases, enhancements, patches)  and that you can use it all without
legal problems under the Apache license.

Ron