cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Private Gateway on REDUNDANT VPC
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 08:00:27 GMT
Hi All,

I've been looking at the failing Marvin tests for Private Gateways.    It passes on std VPC
and fails on rVPC.
The test tries to ping a VM on a remote VPC via the private gateways on both VRs.
Digging into it, I found that an ARP request goes out for the remote VM from the local VR
to the remote VR, the local VR receives it, then nothing.  On the std VRs a reply goes back
out.

I've checked all interfaces to see if the reply is going out of the wrong interface, but it
just isn't going out anywhere.  I can't figure out why no reply seems to be generated...
Obviously the answer is in the difference in config and packages on VPC vs rVPC - but I can't
find it.

HELP!  Any ideas anyone?

Kind regards,

Paul Angus