cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: JIRA - PLEASE READ
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 09:24:46 GMT
Such a view of CloudStack is what holds CloudStack back.
It stops users/operators from having any chance of understanding what CloudStack does and
how it does it.
Code for code's sake is no use to anyone.
Jira is about communication between developers and to everyone else.

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Daan Hoogland [mailto:daan.hoogland@gmail.com]
Sent: 29 June 2017 10:14
To: dev <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: JIRA - PLEASE READ

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:06 AM, Paul Angus <paul.angus@shapeblue.com> wrote:
> + Release notes will be impossible to create without a proper Jira history.
> And no one will know what has gone into CloudStack.

No they are not mr Grumpy. they should be base on the code anyway, hence on git, not jira.
I do not appose to the use of Jira but it is not required for good coding practices and as
we are not and will not function as a corporation, jira is an extra for those that grave for
it. not a requirement.

--
Daan