cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Kernel security update for CVE-2017-1000364 breaks cloudstack startup scripts with jsvc on Ubuntu 14.04 or 16.04
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2017 11:19:27 GMT
Hello,

When I tested the CloudStack 4.10 RC5 on Ubuntu 16.04, I've indicate an
issue about the startup of cloudstack-management service.
The error message is : "jsvc.exec error: Service killed by signal 11"

Today I've made some maintenance operations on my CS 4.9.2.0 platform
and after the reboot of the nodes, cloudstack-agent won't start with the
same error message.

This is a 'bug' from the last kernel update.

Workarounds (for 4.9 or 4.10):

Revert the last kernel update or add -Xss1280k option into the startup
scripts (after the -Xmx option for example)

Milamber

I've open a ticket about that.