cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rajani Karuturi <raj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] branch on first RC and open up master for features
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 02:04:03 GMT
It's waiting on test update from haijiao

~Rajani

Sent from phone.

On 8 May 2017 8:05 p.m., "Will Stevens" <wstevens@cloudops.com> wrote:

> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2062 should be ready to merge, I
> think I had that one ready a couple weeks ago.
>
> *Will Stevens*
> CTO
>
> <https://goo.gl/NYZ8KK>
>
> On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 9:53 AM, Simon Weller <sweller@ena.com> wrote:
>
> > The only PR that is currently showing in blocker status is :
> > https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2062
> >
> > Are there others that should be tagged?
> >
> >
> > - Si
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
> > Sent: Monday, May 8, 2017 6:43 AM
> > To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> > Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] branch on first RC and open up master for
> features
> >
> > Rajani,
> >
> >
> > Can we have a list of outstanding blockers/issues?
> >
> >
> > I also saw some enhancement PRs merged, which I think we should be
> > avoiding and instead have our resources spent on fixing the release
> > blockers, thanks.
> >
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: Rajani Karuturi <rajani@apache.org>
> > Sent: 08 May 2017 16:20:01
> > To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> > Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] branch on first RC and open up master for
> features
> >
> > I disagree. The release process is taking long because we dont
> > have enough people working on the release. Sometimes, even the
> > blockers don't get enough attention. There is no point in adding
> > features on already broken/blocked master which is not
> > releasable. "un-freezing" master for new features shouldn't be
> > the goal in my opinion. We should move towards faster
> > releases/release cycles.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > ~ Rajani
> >
> > http://cloudplatform.accelerite.com/
> >
> > On May 8, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Daan Hoogland
> > (daan.hoogland@shapeblue.com) wrote:
> >
> > LS,
> >
> > In a lot of occasions, we have seen new features that are
> > waiting for releases with blocker bugs and while these bugs
> > certainly must be solved, users that are not hindered by those
> > bugs directly are stopped by them. Therefore, I propose we will
> > fork on the first RC branches for future releases, so that
> > development is not stopped for it. If the release process takes
> > too long and to nice features get merged in between we can always
> > decide to re-branch before releasing.
> >
> > Thoughts..?
> > Daan
> >
> > daan.hoogland@shapeblue.com
> > www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com> ( http://www.shapeblue.com )
> > 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London WC2N 4HSUK
> > @shapeblue
> >
> > rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
> > www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>
> > 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London  WC2N 4HSUK
> > @shapeblue
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message