cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Weber <terbol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] branch on first RC and open up master for features
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 06:25:01 GMT
On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 10:40 AM, Daan Hoogland
<daan.hoogland@shapeblue.com> wrote:
> LS,
>
> In a lot of occasions, we have seen new features that are waiting for releases with blocker
bugs and while these bugs certainly must be solved, users that are not hindered by those bugs
directly are stopped by them. Therefore, I propose we will fork on the first RC branches for
future releases, so that development is not stopped for it. If the release process takes too
long and to nice features get merged in between we can always decide to re-branch before releasing.

I might be misunderstanding, but isn't your proposal more or less how
we used to do releases back in the day?

--
Erik