cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rajani Karuturi <raj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Docs: where to put it - want to update docs for Private Gateway adding...
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 16:35:13 GMT
you can send a doc update PR at
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-admin

~ Rajani

http://cloudplatform.accelerite.com/

On May 11, 2017 at 8:26 PM, Syed Ahmed (sahmed@cloudops.com)
wrote:

CCing Pierre-Luc,

He might be better able to answer your question Andrija asn
Pierre-Luc
deals a lot with documentation.

Thanks,
-Syed

On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Andrija Panic
<andrija.panic@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to update documentation about adding private
gateways
additionaly, after Zone without dedicated Guest network (for
Priv.Gtw) has
been creaated and used for some time.

Idea is to make life more easy for people who are in situations
like we
were:
- we needed to add new physical network (requires CM command,
and manual DB
changes to configure isolation method), configure it as Guest
network (DB
changes manually), do needed physical network and network
offering tagging
(again some DB changes here), etc.

Also, my steps (to be documented) were executed on ACS 4.5 - so:

1) not sure on which branch to commit additional documentation?
I also have
4.8 installation where I could also do CM commands to add new
physical
network (but I assume same DB changes will be needed to be done
here as on
4.5)

2) where to exactly put this additional steps -
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-
administration/en/4.8/networking_and_traffic.html#adding-priv-gw-vpc
- this section is about adding private gateways - basically, I
don't want
to edit this section (perhaps make some correction and further
explanation)
- but I actually need to make docs on how to add additional
Physical
(guest) network and do network tagging etc.. i.e. some externam
page, or
section on the main HTML url above ?

Sorry for long question...

THanks,