cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Vogel, Sven" <Sven.Vo...@kupper-computer.com>
Subject AW: nvidia tesla grid card implementation (kvm)
Date Mon, 22 May 2017 14:22:44 GMT
Hi Nitin,

thanks for your answer. I mean the xml file for the VM which will always be defined from cloudstack
for the kvm hyervisor when we start a machine.

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Virtualization_Deployment_and_Administration_Guide/chap-Guest_virtual_machine_device_configuration.html#sect-device-GPU

https://griddownloads.nvidia.com/flex/GRID_4_2_Support_Matrix.pdf

e.g.

<device>
  <name>pci_0000_02_00_0</name>
  <path>/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/0000:02:00.0</path>
  <parent>pci_0000_00_03_0</parent>
  <driver>
    <name>pci-stub</name>
  </driver>
  <capability type='pci'>
    <domain>0</domain>
    <bus>2</bus>
    <slot>0</slot>
    <function>0</function>
    <product id='0x11fa'>GK106GL [Quadro K4000]</product>
    <vendor id='0x10de'>NVIDIA Corporation</vendor>
	<!-- pay attention to this part -->
    <iommuGroup number='13'>
      <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
    </iommuGroup>
    <pci-express>
      <link validity='cap' port='0' speed='8' width='16'/>
      <link validity='sta' speed='2.5' width='16'/>
    </pci-express>
  </capability>
</device>

I think xen should be supported. What do you think?

Sven Vogel