cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Very slow Virtual Router provisioning with 4.9.2.0
Date Mon, 08 May 2017 17:56:53 GMT
Hi,

To conclude, after doing a lot of work in debugging we were able to reduce the deployment
of our VRs from ~2 hours to ~5 MINUTES.

Two PRs are open for this against the 4.9 branch:

- https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2077
- https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/2089

The problem was that in Basic Networking each VR would get ALL DHCP information instead of
just the information for that POD (PR 2077).

The other issue is that for each entry dnsmasq and Apache would be restarted combined with
some other things. By delaying this to the end of the provision of the router we save a lot
of time.

Both PRs are running in production on our cloud in Basic Networking with a few thousands Instances
behind it. No problems found so far.

Wido

> Op 2 mei 2017 om 19:57 schreef Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl>:
>

> Hi,
>
> Last night I upgraded a CloudStack 4.5.2 setup to 4.9.2.0. All went well, but the VR
provisioning is terribly slow which causes all kinds of problems.