cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] branch on first RC and open up master for features
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 07:10:18 GMT
As far as I remember only 4.4 and the commercial 3.x series were releases that way.

On 09/05/17 08:25, "Erik Weber" <terbolous@gmail.com> wrote:

    On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 10:40 AM, Daan Hoogland
    <daan.hoogland@shapeblue.com> wrote:
    > LS,
    >
    > In a lot of occasions, we have seen new features that are waiting for releases with
blocker bugs and while these bugs certainly must be solved, users that are not hindered by
those bugs directly are stopped by them. Therefore, I propose we will fork on the first RC
branches for future releases, so that development is not stopped for it. If the release process
takes too long and to nice features get merged in between we can always decide to re-branch
before releasing.

    I might be misunderstanding, but isn't your proposal more or less how
    we used to do releases back in the day?

    --
    Erik

daan.hoogland@shapeblue.comĀ