cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Tutkowski, Mike" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack - RC2
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 20:23:44 GMT
Hi Rajani,

I opened the following PR (against master) to fix the blocker CLOUDSTACK-9917:


On 5/10/17, 10:40 PM, "Rajani Karuturi" <> wrote:

    Thanks for testing Mike.
    Any other additions?
    ~ Rajani
    On May 10, 2017 at 7:47 PM, Tutkowski, Mike
    ( wrote:
    I've been running regression tests against the release candidate.
    So far, all tests but one have passed.
    The failing test is related to the storage cleanup thread. It
    looks like some code was changed in 4.10 with regards to this
    thread and that change is causing a problem around cleanup for
    managed storage in a particular situation.
    As a result of this, I was going to vote -1.
    I'm guessing the fix will not be complicated, but is important.
    I don't yet have the fix, however. Once I do, I can reply to
    this thread.
    On May 10, 2017, at 5:47 AM, Rajani Karuturi <>
    I agree to your concerns Wido. I did check the PR before
    RC2. There were some outstanding comments on it.
    If no one has started testing RC2 and there are no objections,
    can cancel this vote, quickly merge the PR and create RC3.
    ~ Rajani
    On May 10, 2017 at 3:04 PM, Wido den Hollander (
    Op 10 mei 2017 om 0:33 schreef Will Stevens
    Just to clarify. Wido, the issue you are experiencing is only
    with basic
    networks and also exists in 4.9 right? The issue becomes
    noticeable when
    you have a lot of networks. Is that a fair statement?
    Well, the provisioning is the same between Basic and Advanced.
    The VR is utterly slow in doing that.
    It happens when you have a lot of VMs in those networks.
    In our case we have a couple of thousands VMs.
    What I'd like to prevent is that this is merged into 4.9.3, but
    is not in 4.10.
    However, I don't want to delay 4.10 any longer.
    On May 9, 2017 5:39 PM, "Wido den Hollander" <>
    I don't want to VOTE -1 due to a bug we are facing, but for us
    4.10 would
    be a problem due to the VR performance.
    A PR is open for this, but I also don't want to delay 4.10 any
    Technically the VR works, it is just that deployment is utterly
    Op 9 mei 2017 om 7:31 schreef Rajani Karuturi
    Hi All,
    I've created a release, with the following artifacts up
    for a
    Git Branch and Commit SH:;a=commit;h=
    Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the
    PGP release keys (signed using CBB44821):
    Vote will be open for 72 hours.
    For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure
    "(binding)" with their vote
    [ ] +1 approve
    [ ] +0 no opinion
    [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

View raw message