cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: MySQL 5.7 and SQL Mode
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2017 08:51:45 GMT
Hi Wido,

You're right, MySQL 5.7 has by default strict(er) sql mode enabled. To make CloudStack work
with MySQL 5.7, changing the sql mode makes MySQL 5.7 behave like 5.6 with which the mgmt
server/usage server should work.

Regards.

________________________________
From: Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl>
Sent: 10 April 2017 20:30:55
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: MySQL 5.7 and SQL Mode

Hi,

While testing with Ubuntu 16.04 and CloudStack 4.10 (from master) I've ran into this error
on the management server:

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Expression #1 of SELECT list is
not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'cloud.i.id' which is not functionally
dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor50.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:404)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:387)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:939)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3878)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3814)

I was able to fix this to add this to my my.cnf:

[mysqld]
sql_mode = "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

Should we maybe set the SQL Mode as a connection parameter when connecting to the DB? This
prevents users from having to set this manually in their MySQL configuration.

Did somebody else run into this with MySQL 5.7?

Thank you,

Wido

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com