cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Syed Ahmed <sah...@cloudops.com>
Subject Re: Need help in getting CentOS 7 templates to run on Cloudstack 4.9 and VMWare
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2017 02:50:50 GMT
The SSH key doesn't work either. The default password for the centos
user is set at boot time to `password` which happens via the scripts
in the template itself. Coud-init is trying to fetch the metadata from
the default gateway instead of the VR (which which has a different IP
than the default GW)

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
> Hm, ok, so this is a corner case I'll need to cover then.
> But how did the password/sshkey feature work, if at all?
>
> --
>
> Nux!
> www.nux.ro

VMWare

>> I'm using a shared network so the VR is not the gateway.
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 12:49 PM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>>> Syed,
>>>
>>> I just checked and centos user is added to sudoers, if it was not added to your
>>> instance, then cloud-init did not complete properly.
>>> I have seen this in the past when the data source is not reached properly.
>>> I would double check the cloud-init logs if I were you, make sure eth0 was up
>>> properly and the VR accessible.
>>>
>>> http://storage1.static.itmages.com/i/17/0331/h_1490978820_8688282_efdf2d86f5.png
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
>>>
>>> Nux!
>>> www.nux.ro

not work properly as they

OVA for VMWare unfortunately.
that.

screenshot of the error btw

<sahmed@cloudops.com> wrote:

> [...]
official site did not have the
report!

Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>

from centos site, i think centos

Weingärtner"

with emails.

PM, Syed Ahmed <sahmed@cloudops.com>

of the cloud-init error

5:14 PM, Syed Ahmed <sahmed@cloudops.com>

CentOS 7 template on VMWare and ACS 4.9 but
seem to pick up the IP form the VR. The
is bundled with ACS (CentOS 5) works.

from

that I need to do for this template? Are there
get a working template for CentOS7 for

excuse my brevity.