cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject [Github/Gitbox] Setting up your committer account
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2017 10:29:33 GMT
Hi,

Since yesterday we are using the Gitbox [0] services from ASF to have Github our 'primary'
source of code.

This means that we can now label PRs, merge them, close them, all on Github.

If you are a committer you have to be added to the 'cloudstack committers' team on Github
and this is done automatically [1] once every X hours.

You however need to make sure that your Apache Profile/ID [2] has the right information and
that you have 2FA [3] enabled on your Github account.

The steps you need to take:

- Make sure you are a CloudStack committer
- Make sure you have a Github account
- Enable 2FA [3] on your Github account
- Update your Apache profile [2] and add your Github username

Now, after a few hours the sync between ASF and Github should be completed and you are added
to the right team on Github.

If that doesn't work you might need to visit the Gitbox setup page [4] to link your Apache
account to Github.

Since we moved to Gitbox the URL of our Git repositories also changed, for example:

- https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/cloudstack.git

If you want RO you can also sync from Github:

- https://github.com/apache/cloudstack.git

Once you are in the right group on Github you should be able to label PRs, close them, merge
them and move.

I have already created [5] a bunch of labels. If we all try to label the PRs it will be much
easier for people to filter PRs and review them.

Questions? Ask!

Wido

[0]: https://gitbox.apache.org/
[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13885