cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mike.Tutkow...@netapp.com>
Subject Re: VR Question
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 13:10:17 GMT
Jayapal: Just an FYI that I haven't had a chance to investigate this yet.

I did notice, however, that the same behavior exists in 4.5.

> On Apr 2, 2017, at 10:13 PM, Jayapal Uradi <jayapal.uradi@accelerite.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Can you please check the following
> 1. In  kvm host logs once to see any security group rules got failed.
> 2. Check the VR /etc/dhcphosts.txt entry for the vm is configured
> 3. tcpdump on VR interface to see whether the dhcp request reached to VR.
>
> Thanks,
> Jayapal
>
>> On Apr 2, 2017, at 12:34 AM, Tutkowski, Mike <Mike.Tutkowski@netapp.com> wrote:
>>
>> I migrated my system VMs (including the VR) to KVM hosts today (from XenServer hosts).
>>
>> I still cannot get IP addresses assigned to user VMs in a Basic Zone.
>>
>> This seems like a 4.10 blocker, too.
>>
>> Is anyone else able to get IP addresses assigned to user VMs in a Basic Zone when
using KVM?

>> From: "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mike.Tutkowski@netapp.com>
>> Date: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 7:47 PM
>> To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org" <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
>> Subject: VR Question
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> With 4.10 (master), I’m currently running all of my system VMs (including the VR)
on XenServer. When I create a user VM on VMware, it acquires an IP address; however, when
I create one on KVM, it does not.

>> All of this is running in a single, basic zone.
>>
>> Thoughts on this?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Mike
>

> DISCLAIMER
of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual