cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Jayapal Uradi <jayapal.ur...@accelerite.com>
Subject Re: VR Question
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 04:13:24 GMT
Hi Mike,

Can you please check the following
1. In  kvm host logs once to see any security group rules got failed.
2. Check the VR /etc/dhcphosts.txt entry for the vm is configured
3. tcpdump on VR interface to see whether the dhcp request reached to VR.

Thanks,
Jayapal

> On Apr 2, 2017, at 12:34 AM, Tutkowski, Mike <Mike.Tutkowski@netapp.com> wrote:
>
> I migrated my system VMs (including the VR) to KVM hosts today (from XenServer hosts).
>
> I still cannot get IP addresses assigned to user VMs in a Basic Zone.
>
> This seems like a 4.10 blocker, too.
>
> Is anyone else able to get IP addresses assigned to user VMs in a Basic Zone when using
KVM?

> From: "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mike.Tutkowski@netapp.com>
> Date: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 7:47 PM
> To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org" <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
> Subject: VR Question
>
> Hi,
>
> With 4.10 (master), I’m currently running all of my system VMs (including the VR) on
XenServer. When I create a user VM on VMware, it acquires an IP address; however, when I create
one on KVM, it does not.

> All of this is running in a single, basic zone.
>
> Thoughts on this?
>
> Thanks!
> Mike

DISCLAIMER