cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject MySQL 5.7 and SQL Mode
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2017 15:00:55 GMT
Hi,

While testing with Ubuntu 16.04 and CloudStack 4.10 (from master) I've ran into this error
on the management server:

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Expression #1 of SELECT list is
not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'cloud.i.id' which is not functionally
dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor50.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:404)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:387)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:939)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3878)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3814)

I was able to fix this to add this to my my.cnf:

[mysqld]
sql_mode = "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

Should we maybe set the SQL Mode as a connection parameter when connecting to the DB? This
prevents users from having to set this manually in their MySQL configuration.

Did somebody else run into this with MySQL 5.7?

Thank you,

Wido