cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com>
Subject Re: midonet-client and Guava dependency conflict
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 14:08:02 GMT
We took a look at testing it in the lab back in early 2016  and Midokura told us that it was
a bad idea, probably wouldn't work and we should just switch to openstack.

- Si

________________________________
From: Erik Weber <terbolous@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:28 AM
To: dev
Subject: Re: midonet-client and Guava dependency conflict

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 7:45 PM, Rafael Weingärtner
<rafaelweingartner@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got a reply from Midonet community; they said that midonet-client was
> incorporated by midonet-cluster (
> https://github.com/midonet/midonet/tree/staging/v5.4/midonet-cluster).
[https://avatars2.githubusercontent.com/u/9136532?v=3&s=400]<https://github.com/midonet/midonet/tree/staging/v5.4/midonet-cluster>

midonet/midonet<https://github.com/midonet/midonet/tree/staging/v5.4/midonet-cluster>
github.com
midonet - MidoNet is an Open Source network virtualization system for Openstack clouds

> So, if anyone wants to invest energy on this, it might be a good idea to
> upgrade the dependency. Moreover, I start to question the compatibility of
> the current client we are using, with the mido-net server side that might
> be deployed by users. Will this partial integration that we have work?

Just as important to ask: "Has it ever worked?"
Do we know anyone who use, or have used, this integration?

--
Erik