cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mike.Tutkow...@netapp.com>
Subject Cannot migrate VMware VM with root disk to host in different cluster (CloudStack 4.10)
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 05:10:07 GMT
Hi,

Within CloudStack 4.10, I have two VMware 5.5 clusters (both in the same VMware datacenter).

Each cluster has a shared iSCSI-based datastore.

I can initiate the process of migrating a VM and its root disk from a host in one cluster
to a host in another cluster. However, it fails with the following error message:

Required property datastore is missing from data object of type VirtualMachineRelocateSpecDiskLocator

while parsing serialized DataObject of type vim.vm.RelocateSpec.DiskLocator
at line 1, column 327

while parsing property "disk" of static type ArrayOfVirtualMachineRelocateSpecDiskLocator

while parsing serialized DataObject of type vim.vm.RelocateSpec
at line 1, column 187

while parsing call information for method RelocateVM_Task
at line 1, column 110

while parsing SOAP body
at line 1, column 102

while parsing SOAP envelope
at line 1, column 38

while parsing HTTP request for method relocate
on object of type vim.VirtualMachine
at line 1, column 0

When I re-ran the test in the debugger and looked at the VirtualMachineRelocateSpecDiskLocator
instance mentioned in the error message, I saw the following:

http://imgur.com/a/vtKcq

It looks like the code is not specifying the source datastore.

Can anyone else reproduce this?

Thanks!
Mike