cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Replacing download.cloud.com by download.cloudstack.org
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 10:39:49 GMT

> Op 10 maart 2017 om 11:36 schreef Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl>:
>

> Hi,
>
> Will Stevens and I have been working on a replacement for download.cloud.com.
>
> This resulted in download.cloudstack.org which is also available over SSL!
>
> download.cloudstack.org is a CNAME to cloudstack.apt-get.eu and is hosted by me in Amsterdam
(on CloudStack and Ceph).

> In the future I'd like to scale this out to more systems on different providers by using
RR-DNS, but for now let's not make it very difficult.

> There is a PR open [0] to start to do this, but we also have documentation which might
need to be fixed.

> RPM and DEB packages are also available on download.cloudstack.org:
>
> - RPM: https://download.cloudstack.org/centos
> - DEB: https://download.cloudstack.org/ubuntu
>
> SystemVMs are also available: https://download.cloudstack.org/systemvm/
>
> In total there is 126GB of data on the server:
>
> 0	centos7
> 4.0K	README
> 4.0K	release.asc
> 4.0K	RPM-GPG-KEY
> 12K	foss
> 316K	tools
> 629M	tmp
> 2.9G	archive
> 3.7G	rhel
> 5.3G	releases
> 8.3G	centos
> 19G	ubuntu
> 24G	systemvm
> 64G	templates
>
> If you want to be able to add files to the system, send me your SSH key and we can fix
this. A few PMC members already have access and can add files.

> Any things which we need to fix in addition?

Forgot to add, the system already has rsync available, so you can sync it if you want:

$ rsync -avr --stats --progress download.cloudstack.org::cloudstack .

Might want to do that already so that we can quickly move to a different server should the
one in Amsterdam be down for a long time.