cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mike.Tutkow...@netapp.com>
Subject Re: Cannot migrate VMware VM with root disk to host in different cluster (CloudStack 4.10)
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 13:47:01 GMT
This looks a little suspicious to me (in VmwareResource before we call VirtualMachineMO.changeDatastore):

                morDsAtTarget = HypervisorHostHelper.findDatastoreWithBackwardsCompatibility(tgtHyperHost,
filerTo.getUuid());
                morDsAtSource = HypervisorHostHelper.findDatastoreWithBackwardsCompatibility(srcHyperHost,
filerTo.getUuid());
                if (morDsAtTarget == null) {
                    String msg = "Unable to find the target datastore: " + filerTo.getUuid()
+ " on target host: " + tgtHyperHost.getHyperHostName() + " to execute MigrateWithStorageCommand";
                    s_logger.error(msg);
                    throw new Exception(msg);
                }

We use filerTo.getUuid() when trying to get a pointer to both the target and source datastores.
Since filerTo.getUuid() has the UUID for the target datastore, that works for morDsAtTarget,
but morDsAtSource ends up being null.

For some reason, we only check if morDsAtTarget is null (I’m not sure why we don’t check
if morDsAtSource is null, too).