cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Friðvin Logi Oddbjörnsson <frid...@greenqloud.com>
Subject Re: Attaching more than 14 data volumes to an instance
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2017 13:32:20 GMT
On 18 February 2017 at 20:51:42, Suresh Anaparti (
suresh.anaparti@accelerite.com) wrote:

I checked the limits set for VMware hypervisor and observed some
discrepancies. These can be either updated from the
updateHypervisorCapabilities API (max_data_volumes_limit,
max_hosts_per_cluster after improvements) or schema update during
upgradation. Which one would be better? For schema update, I have to raise
a PR.

If these are hard limits for the hypervisors, then I’m more inclined that
they be immutable (i.e. to not allow changing them through the API) and,
therefor, only updated through a schema update.  However, if these are not
hard limits for the hypervisors (or if there are some valid reasons for
allowing these limits to be easily updated), then having them updatable
through the API would make sense.

Friðvin Logi Oddbjörnsson

Senior Developer

Tel: (+354) 415 0200 | fridvin@greenqloud.com

Mobile: (+354) 696 6528 | PGP Key: 57CA1B00
<https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=fridvin@greenqloud.com>

Twitter: @greenqloud <https://twitter.com/greenqloud> | @qstackcloud
<https://twitter.com/qstackcloud>

www.greenqloud.com | www.qstack.com

[image: qstack_blue_landscape_byqreenqloud-01.png]