cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Kris Sterckx <kris.ster...@nuagenetworks.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Extra DHCP options
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 08:57:21 GMT
Hi all

Comparing storing a set of DHCP options as extra json info in nic details
with a new formal specification in sql, I would judge the formal approach
as long-term preferred ?
I understand everything can be modeled in json as well - i just want to
understand better the arguments pro that approach, compared to the proposed
extra table. Json has the drawback of higher error proneness (as less
formal) and (slightly) reduced performance, as I see it. Also depending on
the design, every network plugin would need to understand how to process
the json info, again relating to my point of error-proneness.

thanks,

Kris

On 8 February 2017 at 16:49, Sergey Levitskiy <Sergey.Levitskiy@autodesk.com