cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handling of DB migrations on forks
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2017 16:28:42 GMT
On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Marc-Aurèle Brothier <marco@exoscale.ch> wrote:

> Daan, the project maintainers should enforce that. I also posted another
> finding that the upgrade path are not identical due to the order in which
> upgrade files are executed, see (https://github.com/apache/
> cloudstack/pull/1768)

If you mean refuse PRs containing non-idem-potent sql code yes, but as
for real work it is all on a voluntary basis, that is someone must
find it worth the time to encode it. I complete agree with a policy to
refuse comntaining other creates and drop then as in

> > "CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW..." "DROP IF EXISTS....".

So please feel free to speak up if you catch somebody trying to sneak
in code like that. They have my -1

--
Daan