cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wei ZHOU <ustcweiz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handling of DB migrations on forks
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2017 11:16:39 GMT
Then you have to create your own branch forked from 4.10.0

In our branch, I moved some table changes (eg ALTER TABLE, CREATE TABLE)
from schema-****.sql
to engine/schema/src/com/cloud/upgrade/dao/UpgradeXXXtoYYY.java.
If SQLException is throwed, then show a warning message instead upgrade
interruption..
By this way, the database will not be broken in the upgrade or fresh
installation.

-Wei