cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Mabry <dma...@ena.com>
Subject Modify the system vm build scripts
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2017 16:18:57 GMT
Hello everyone,

I’m looking at making some changes to the system vm, but I have found that there looks like
there are 2 different places in the code that “build” the systemvm.  There is there is
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/tree/13bfdd71e6fffff52d2f613a802b3d16c9b40af7/systemvm/patches/debian,
which looks like it might be the “old” way and there is https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/tree/87ef8137534fa798101f65c6691fcf71513ac978/tools/appliance/definitions/systemvmtemplate,
which looks like it might be the “new” way.  If I wanted to make changes to how the systemvm
is built which place should I modify?  I assume that I should modify the build scripts in
the “new” location, but I thought I would ask here first just to be sure.

--Mabry