cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Moving for JDK8, this time for real!
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 12:11:17 GMT
All,

I've been working on moving our codebase and runtime-environment to Java 8, and since this
is a much needed big change I want your feedback and blessings on:

In order for this to work, I had to make changes in our veewee-based systemvmtemplate build
scripts to install a third party opensource openjdk-8-jre distribution (xulu-8 is a openjdk-8
distribution from Azul, please review and advise wrt their terms of usage here: http://www.azul.com/products/zulu/zulu-terms-of-use/),
since

Debian 7 (wheezy) repositories don't have openjdk-8-jre and installing openjdk-8-jre from
testing/sid updates several system packages such as libc that I wanted to avoid. Accepting
this change on master/4.10 would require us to have a new systemvmtemplate for 4.10+ releases.

With these changes, I've ran smoke tests across KVM, VMware and XenServer in the following
PR and all of the tests are passing (ignoring known intermittent failures in vpc/rvr related
tests).

Thoughts, feedback?

Regards.

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.comĀ