cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mike.Tutkow...@netapp.com>
Subject Re: CS Collab Conf Brazil page is down
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 18:26:25 GMT
Hi,

I am personally OK with the event taking place in March, August, or September (i.e. any of
the dates you've suggested).

It might be a bit tight for March if the call for participation is not yet open.

Also, I wonder if August might be tough for a bunch of people, though, as they may be on vacation.

Let's keep the communication flowing with regards to this event. I know I am very eager to
attend it and I'm guessing others are, as well.

Thanks!
Mike

> [...]
>
> In my opinion, I would like that event will be held on March, but, if you
> think it should have to be rescheduled again, can you please announce it or
> update web page? I know this things require extra time and effort, but I
> think that improving communication we can have a really nice CCC in Latin
> America.
>
> Thanks,
> Nicolas Vazquez

>> Hi Will and all.
>>
>> Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
>>
>> The event day is booked but we have flexibility to change the dates.
>> Professor Rubens Queiroz from Unicamp agrees to change the date to 3rd
>> quarter. He suggested August or September in order to have enough time and
>> to get rid of eventual overlapping with other IT event dates and to prepare
>> our first CCC-BR. Our wish is to have an event with wide community
>> participation and I agree with yours arguments.
>>
>> The dates they have available on the 3rd quarter are:
>> August 09th - 10th
>> September 18th - 19th
>>
>> In August there are 3 auditoriums in both days and September 3 auditoriums
>> in 18th and 2 in 19th.
>>
>> The event will be transmitted online and the videos will be recorded. ASAP
>> we have the website with CFP online, we will communicate to you all.
>>
>> I want that we all make this decision together as a community. For this
>> reason, please, thoughts and suggestions from all of you are very welcome.
>>

>> Best regards,
>>

>> Marco Sinhoreli
>> Managing Consultant
>> marco.sinhoreli@shapeblue.com
>> mobile: +55 21 98276 3636
>>
>> Praia de Botafogo 501, bloco 1 - sala 101 – Botafogo
>> Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brazil - CEP 22250-040
>> office: + 55 21 2586 6390 | fax: +55 21 2586 6002
>> http://www.shapeblue.com/ | twitter: @shapeblue
>>

>> Em [DATE], "[NAME]" <[ADDRESS]> escreveu:
>>
>>> Thanks Marco,
>>> So if I understand correctly, you plan to keep the dates of March 20-21
>>> because that is when you have the venue booked.  You are focusing mainly
>> on
>>> local ACS users, but others are obviously welcome assuming they can make
>>> the trip.  I agree that it makes sense to market it as a CCC because that
>>> is how our marketing channels are currently setup and we can give you the
>>> best exposure that way.
>>>
>>> There will be some contention with dates, but I think that is likely OK.
>>> think you will be pulling a pretty large local crowd and the ApacheCon
>>> Miami event will likely pull more of the North American crowd with a few
>>> from Europe.
>>>
>>> Once you have your new website up, send us the IP address and we will get
>>> br.cloudstackcollab.org pointed at it.  I will update the
>>> cloudstackcollab.org website to reflect your new dates and the website
>> once
>>> it is available.
>>>
>>> Let us know how else we can support your event.

URL