cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Syahrul Sazli Shaharir <sa...@nocser.net>
Subject Re: patchviasocket seems to be broken with qemu 2.3(+?)
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2016 03:27:11 GMT
On Wed, 26 Oct 2016, Linas ?ilinskas wrote:

> So after some investigation I've found out that qemu 2.3.0 is indeed broken,
> at least the way CS uses the qemu chardev/socket.
>
> Not sure in which specific version it happened, but it was fixed in
> 2.4.0-rc3, specifically noting that CloudStack 4.2 was not working.
>
> qemu git commit: 4bf1cb03fbc43b0055af60d4ff093d6894aa4338
>
> Also attaching the patch from that commit.
>

> For our own purposes i've included the patch to the qemu-kvm-ev package
> (2.3.0) and all is well.

Hi,

I am facing the exact same issue on latest Cloudstack 4.9.0.1, on latest
CentOS 7.3.1611, with latest qemu-kvm-ev-2.6.0-27.1.el7 package.

The issue initially surfaced following a heartbeat-induced reset of all
hosts, when it was on CS 4.8 @ CentOS 7.0 and stock qemu-kvm-1.5.3. Since
then, the patchviasocket.pl/py timeouts persisted for 1 out of 4 router
VM/networks, even after upgrading to latest code. (I have checked the
qemu-kvm-ev-2.6.0-27.1.el7 source, and the patched code are pretty much
still intact, as per the 2.4.0-rc3 commit).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

(Attached are some debug logs from the host's agent.log)

--sazli