cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] 4.9.2.0 with XenServer7 support, and 4.10.0.0 RM
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2016 08:51:57 GMT
All,

4.9.1.0 was voted recently but did not receive a lot of attention in terms of testing/voting,
and several users reports on the list and privately that they would want to have XenServer7
support. I agree with Marty and other users that it would be a great holiday present to release
another minor 4.9.2.0 release that bundles few bugfixes and support for XenServer7.

I'm planning to work towards 4.9.2.0 so as to at least cut 4.9.2.0-rc1 on/before 1st Jan,
and currently working towards stabilizing 4.9.

Given the current holiday period and to avoid competing voting threads -- if there are no
objections, I'm pushing the freeze date for 4.10/master to 30th January? I would also like
to invite anyone who wants to take over as RM for the 4.10.0.0 release, thanks.

Master will be open to accept bugfixes and PRs that can be reviewed/merged. There are several
good PRs we can review/merge such as Wido's PR on ipv6 support for basic zone/network, and
Jayapal's/Will's Strongswan VPN. I would be willing to accept PRs that don't break any smoke
tests on xen/vmware/kvm (as covered by Travis, Trillian, BVT and others) and growing list
of component tests that have been added in Travis and some of which we've started running
in Trillian.

Happy holidays.

Regards.

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.comĀ