cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Optional new SystemVM Template upgrade for 4.9 LTS release
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2016 09:02:46 GMT

> Op 9 december 2016 om 9:31 schreef Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>:
>

> All,
>

> We've been using the same systemvm template since the 4.6.x releases, which is more than
a year old now. Since last one year, there have been several packages updates especially security
updates published for Debian Wheezy 7 (which is what is our base for systemvmtemplate).

> In our efforts for releasing a high quality LTS (4.9.1.0) release, we've had discussions
on security@ regarding developing and publishing a new systemvm template which should be compatible
for ACS 4.6+ releases, while be optional for users. In our release notes, we would mention
about this, installation/upgrade steps and noting that this is recommended for users but not
mandatory.

> Thoughts, questions?

Seems like a good thing to do. A updated SSVM template is really needed due to various updates.

> For the template to work on master (4.10+), the systemvmtemplate has an additional package
(compared to 4.6 based systemvmtemplate) `qemu-guest-agent` from CLOUDSTACK-8715, and my local
tests show that this does not break any.

Great! Qemu Guest Agent is nice :)

> I've built and published the template at following location which should be available
till end of the year. Please help testing these updated templates: