cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Burwell <john.burw...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Outstanding Review/Testing for 4.8.2.0/4.9.1.0/4.10.0.0 RCs
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 20:13:07 GMT
Haijao,

We are nearly a month late for these releases.  Therefore, only new feature PRs that are well
reviewed and tested are being included in 4.10.0.0.  The intention is to return to the 1 month
maintenance/2 month regular release cycle once we can get these releases delivered.

Additionally, XenServer 7 will be merged to both LTS and regular release branches.  The reasoning
for adding it to LTS is that newer hardware is not supported by XenServer 6.5.  Therefore,
XenServer users would not have an effective LTS because they would be unable to deploy new
hardware.  Support for it will most likely land in the next LTS and regular releases — 4.9.2.0
and 4.11.0.0.

Thanks,
-John

john.burwell@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London VA WC2N 4HSUK
@shapeblue

> On Nov 1, 2016, at 2:36 AM, Haijiao <18602198181@163.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, John
>

> Is that possible to include these 2 PRs in 4.10 since 4.10 is supposed to be a release
with new features.

> #1711  XenServer 7 Support        https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1711
> #977   VM Snapshotting implementation for KVM  https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/977
>

> thanks !
>

> 在2016年11月01 11时23分, "John Burwell"<john.burwell@shapeblue.com>写道:
>
> All,
>
> Since we have stabilized the smoke tests, we have made good progress merging PRs.  Currently,
the following open PRs are being targeted for these releases:

>    * 4.10.0.0 (+ all 4.8.2.0 and 4.9.1.0 PRs)
>         * 1542
>         * 1545
>         * 1577
>         * 1578
>         * 1579
>         * 1580
>        * 1600
>        * 1732
>    * 4.9.1.0 (+ all 4.8.2.0 PRs)
>         * 1676
>         * 1677
>         * 1678
>         * 1680
>         * 1681
>         * 1684
>    * 4.8.2.0
>         * 1673
>         * 1674
>         * 1694
>
> Are there any other open PRs that folks feel should be included in these releases?  I
have updated each of these PRs with next steps, and, where possible, kicked off regression
tests.

> I would like to get the 4.8.2.0, 4.9.1.0, and 4.10.0.0 RCs out by COB, next Wednesday
(5 Wednesday 2016).  Any assistance people can provide reviewing/testing these PRs to get
them merged would be much appreciated.