cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Linas Žilinskas <li...@host1plus.com>
Subject Re: Adding a Config value to Cloudstack
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 15:36:36 GMT
Be careful with setting the init to false. It does lot more than just
adding new configs. I've found out that the hard way.

At least on our multiple deployments, the default networks were
recreated and user_ip_address table had duplicated ips in them, which i
had to remove manually. Not sure if anything else is (un)affected.
Didn't had the time to review what the 'init' actually does.

On 2016-11-04 20:09, Syed Ahmed wrote:
> Yes, I've done exactly what you've shown here Nicolas, make the class
> implement Configurable, add the getConfigKeys and created the Param.
> However when I reinstall Cloudstack, the startup does not seem to pick up
> the newly added config.
>
> As a workaround, I had to reset the "init" value as "false" in the
> configuration table for Cloudstack to re-read the config keys. Not the
> best  solution.
>
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 3:58 PM, Nicolás Vázquez <nicovazquez90@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Syed,
>>
>> You can do it using ConfigKey class
>> (org.apache.cloudstack.framework.config.ConfigKey)
>> like this:
>>
>>     - Define your new configuration as a variable in a class that implements
>>     Configurable (org.apache.cloudstack.framework.config.Configurable)
>> using
>>     ConfigKey constructor in which you provide type, name, description,
>> scope.
>>     etc.
>>     - Add your new configuration variable to getConfigKeys() return array
>>
>> You can also check at this link where I had added 2 configurations on
>> VmwareGuru class:
>> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1542/commits/
>> 8deb7dfc68380cfdca0eabd3cee831b8952915f3
>>
>> Hope this helps ;)
>>
>> Nicolas

>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> I've been trying to add a new global config to Cloudstack. I've been
>>> following the instructions mentioned at
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Configuration but
>>> when I reinstall my Cloudstack, I don't see the setting in the
>>> configuration table in Cloudstack. Does anyone has experience in adding
>>> Config values?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -Syed

Linas Žilinskas
Head of Development
website <http://www.host1plus.com/> facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/Host1Plus> twitter
<https://twitter.com/Host1Plus> linkedin
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/digital-energy-technologies-ltd.>

Host1Plus is a division of Digital Energy Technologies Ltd.

26 York Street, London W1U 6PZ, United Kingdom