cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Marty Godsey <ma...@gonsource.com>
Subject RE: Static and DHCP
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 14:25:32 GMT
Ok, so that answers my question to. If I assign it an IP in the deploy step or assign it via
the NIC in the instance properties it just does a DHCP reservation. In most instances that
as good as static. Thank you Simon.

Regards,
Marty Godsey

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Weller [mailto:sweller@ena.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 10:07 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Static and DHCP

Marty,

I'm not sure whether a scan in performed or not. DHCP uses dnsmasq, so a static entry is configured
in the VR for each VM to keep the ip address reserved for that VM. You can pass in an ipaddress
in the deployvirtualmachine call and that may achieve what you want to achieve. This is exposed
in the GUI as well when you create a VM.

- Si