cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Question about JavaScript validators in UI
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 14:37:44 GMT
So my JS skills are way to low, but I tried this, but it doesn't seem to work:

$.validator.addMethod("ipv46cidr", function(value, element) {
    if (!$.validator.methods.ipv4cidr.call(this, value, element) | !$.validator.methods.ipv6cidr.call(this,
value, element))
        return false;

    return true;
}, "The specified IPv4/IPv6 CIDR is invalid.");

What am I missing here?

Wido

> Op 23 oktober 2016 om 9:37 schreef Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>:
>

> Hi Wido,
>

> Yes, you can add a new validator that can validator that the provided address is either
ipv4 or ipv6, here:

> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/master/ui/scripts/sharedFunctions.js#L2327
>

> Give the validator any appropriate name, and use it in the network.js code replacing
the currently defined validator with yours.

> Regards.
>
> ________________________________

IPv4 CIDR is invalid.'

> That's true, so looking in network.js I see this piece of code:
>
> 'cidr': {
>   edit: true,
>   label: 'label.cidr',
>   isHidden: true,
>     ipv4cidr: true
>   }
>  },
>
> There is a ipv6cidr validation method as well. How can I modify the JavaScript in such
a way that either a valid IPv4 OR IPv6 CIDR has to be entered?