cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Boris Stoyanov <boris.stoya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Zephyr: Test Management plugin for JIRA
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 12:07:54 GMT
Hi there,

I’d like to purpose a plugin for JIRA that would make our live easier during release testing
phase. It’s called Zephyr and it has been part of the Atlassian eco-system for quite a while.
Most of us have already worked with it or at least got in touch with it already.
What offers is easy planning of test cycles, test case management and integration of automated
tests.

I was curious, being part of the ASF and having a massive public JIRA, would Cloudstack be
able to get free license for it’s users in JIRA?

There are a few features of the product, which we could start using almost immediately like:

  *   Marvin test execution integration - Zephyr has an integration API (called ZAPI) which
we could use to store results from the marvin tests we execute.
     *   ToDo: Need to create ZAPI integration call at the end of each tests to store results
and test attributes
  *   Keep track of manual testing activities
  *   Release Testing Management and Organization - It creates items in JIRA such as test
plans and results that could be scheduled/executed and offers transparent way to manage them
  *   Log PR testing results in JIRA and optionally link them to the JIRA ID(same way we do
with BlueOrangutan, but instead loggin results in message in the PR, we create a test plan
for the PR and add results there)

Checkout it’s official page in the Atlassian Marketplace
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.thed.zephyr.je/server/overview

Please share thoughts/concerns.

Thanks,
Boris Stoyanov