cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: L10N Translation File Format
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 11:02:14 GMT
I think switching to Transifex's json format should be okay.  I don't know the downside of
switching to json format as well, which is why at the moment we can continue to use the current
workflow and format. I would, therefore, avoid doing too many changes so I'll proceed with
merging the PR and then work with Bruno to migrate master's messages.properties file to json
format as a next step.

Regards.

________________________________

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

From: John Burwell
Sent: 27 September 2016 22:13:08
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: Rohit Yadav; milamber@apache.org
Subject: L10N Translation File Format

All,

As part of the effort to remove the requirement for JSPs and streamline the development process,
Milamber has raised the option of replacing the message*.properties files with a JSON key/value
format [1].  As I understand it, Transifex supports this file format, and it appears that
it would simplify the PR as it would remove the need to convert the message*.properties files
to JSON.  Is my understanding correct?  If so, are there any downsides to switching over the
JSON format?

Thanks,
-John

[1]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1669#issuecomment-249790923

[cid:AEPQHGF1JkG4vovMRhvOgShapeBlue_logo_sml_png]

John Burwell
s: +1 (571) 403-2411 | d: +44 (20) 3603 0542
e: john.burwell@shapeblue.com  |  w: www.shapeblue.com  |  t:  @shapeblue
a: 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London VA WC2N 4HSUK

trademark.This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely
you believe you have received this email in error.

IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build/> | CSForge
- rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/> | CloudStack Software