cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Speakers announced for Cloudstack EU User Group
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2016 13:54:07 GMT
We're very excited to announce the Autumn 2016 meeting of the CloudStack European User group,
this time kindly hosted by BT, the people behind BT Cloud Compute.
Would be great to see as many from the community there as possible. Folks who cant make it,
would appreciate if you're able to tweet and share with your networks

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-27604537916

CloudStack European User Group
VENUE: BT Centre showcase, 81 Newgate St, London, EC1A 7AJ. Nearest tube: St. Paul's
As well as talks from guest speakers, there will be the chance to meet with other CloudStack
users, lunch, and time to continue the discussions over a beer or two in the evening.
IMPORTANT NOTE: these user groups are regularly sold out and we've had a waiting list for
places. Please ensure you are able to attend before booking tickets.
AGENDA & SPEAKERS

Fast, automated landscape provisioning based on CloudStack, Ingo Jochim & Andre Walter.
Ingo and Andre will talk about their experiences deploying CloudStack as a platform for fast
and flexible SAP system provisioning. Focused on relevant examples, they will highlight lessons
learnt, technologies used and integration with CloudStack.

Application Supply Chain Automation (AsA) by Govind Rangasamy.
Organizations today are struggling to transform their mission critical systems into hyper-scale
and highly available services, while also accelerating new application rollouts. Enterprises
and MSPs rely on Appranix's AsA to accelerate application delivery and eliminate waste by
composing, automating and operating applications with data fabric and cloud services along
the application supply chain. Govind will talk about how CloudStack customers can take advantage
of this unique approach and technology in details.

Building an Infrastructure as a Service for Voice platform, Len Bellemore & Tulio de Souza.
As a major Mitel phone system integrator and reseller, we wanted to host Unified Communications
platforms in a pay-as-you-go consumption model.  We chose Cloudstack, and transformed our
IaaS cloud into an IaaS for Voice platform integrated into our Core Network.   With a custom
UI, that calls the Cloudstack API, we have reduced deployment times, as well as the number
of engineers involved in a phone system deployment. We'll talk about some of the challenges,
wins, and how this very successful project has made us fall in love with Cloudstack again.

Creating a native Containers as a Service (CaaS) offering on CloudStack, Paul Angus.
Cloud native applications running in containerised environments look set to create a paradigm
shift in the way compute resources are consumed. However, this presents challenges (both technical
and business) to Cloud Service providers who have already invested heavily in Infrastructure
as a Service offerings based on the virtual machine model. Paul will discuss these challenges,
look at the services that end-users will demand in a containerised world and how major public
cloud providers have overcome these challenges.  He will then preview an exciting new project
that gives a simple method for operators to deploy Containers as a Service to their end-users,
based on Apache CloudStack

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-27604537916

Kind Regards
Giles