cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>
Subject Re: 4.8.2.0/4.9.1.0 RC Status
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 17:40:22 GMT
Hi John,

I would like to rise the following issue recently found  that I think
affect any update past 4.6.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9489
I think it should be relatively easy to fix but I'm scared about the impact
of overriding costumized value. I'm testing this these days...

Worst case we can update the release-notes.

Thanks



On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 9:35 PM, John Burwell <john.burwell@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

> All,
>
> We are still working to merge the PR necessary to create the 4.8.2.0 and
> 4.9.1.0 RCs.  The following is the status of the PRs targeted for 4.8.2.0:
>
>     * 1635 [1]: CLOUDSTACK-9451 — one open code review item and needs a
> test LGTM
>     * 1636 [2]: Fix a quote issue with Spanish L10N (from transifex
> translation) — MERGED
>     * 1654 [3]: Updating pom.xml version numbers for release
> 4.8.2.0-SNAPSHOT — MERGED
>     * 1624 [4]: Fixes regarding VOLUME_DELETE events resulting from
> account deletion — needs a test LGTM
>
> The following is the status of the PRs targeted for 4.9.1.0:
>
>     * 1621 [5]: [CLOUDSTACK-9444] Fix a little issue from PR1610 if the
> db.properties file hasn't EOL character at the end of file — MERGED
>     * 1648 [6]: test/integration: fix tearDown order in list_acl_ tests —
> MERGED
>     * 1663 [7]/1653 [8]: [LTS/blocker] CLOUDSTACK-6432: Prevent DNS
> reflection attacks — MERGED/CLOSED
>     * 1660 [9]: CLOUDSTACK-9470: [BLOCKER] Bug in SshHelper affecting
> interaction with vRouter in VmwareResource and HypervDirectConnectResource
> — open code review issue
>     * 1665 [10]: Changes database upgrade script names to be consistent
> for the 4.9.1.0 release — Needs a test LGTM
>
> Any help pulling completing the remaining PRs would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> -John
>
> [1]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1635
> [2]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1636
> [3]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1654
> [4]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1624
> [5]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1621
> [6]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1648
> [7]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1663
> [8]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1653
> [9]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1660
> [10]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1665
>
> >
> john.burwell@shapeblue.com
> www.shapeblue.com
> 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London VA WC2N 4HSUK
> @shapeblue
>
>
>
> On Aug 28, 2016, at 11:14 PM, John Burwell <john.burwell@shapeblue.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > All,
> >
> > I apologize for being behind getting the 4.8.2.0 and 4.9.1.0 RCs out.  A
> small part of it was due to the RC release dates falling the weekend after
> being on vacation, and a large part of it is due to rookie mistakes as a
> first time RM.  Hopefully, the lessons learned will keep things on-time for
> the 4.9.2.0 and 4.10.0.0 releases.
> >
> > The big lesson learned is that we need to watching the candidate PRs for
> a release about 7-10 days in advance of a release.  To that end, we have
> the following are the PRs targeted for 4.8.2.0 and 4.9.1.0 which need to be
> closed before we can cut an RC:
> >
> >    * 1635 [1]: CLOUDSTACK-9451
> >    * 1636 [2]: Fix a quote issue with Spanish L10N (from transifex
> translation)
> >    * 1654 [3]: Updating pom.xml version numbers for release
> 4.8.2.0-SNAPSHOT
> >    * 1624 [4]: Fixes regarding VOLUME_DELETE events resulting from
> account deletion
> >
> > The following are the PRs targeted for 4.9.1.0 which need to be closed
> be we can cut an RC:
> >
> >    * 1621 [5]: [CLOUDSTACK-9444] Fix a little issue from PR1610 if the
> db.properties file hasn't EOL character at the end of file
> >    * 1648 [6]: test/integration: fix tearDown order in list_acl_ tests
> >    * 1663 [7]/1653 [8]: [LTS/blocker] CLOUDSTACK-6432: Prevent DNS
> reflection attacks (
> >    * 1660 [9]: CLOUDSTACK-9470: [BLOCKER] Bug in SshHelper affecting
> interaction with vRouter in VmwareResource and HypervDirectConnectResource
> >    * 1665 [10]: Changes database upgrade script names to be consistent
> for the 4.9.1.0 release
> >
> > Please let me know if there is a PR or defect you feel must be addressed
> in order to ship either 4.8.2.0 or 4.9.1.0.  Otherwise, we will be working
> to get these PRs merged ASAP and cut RCs for voting.
> >
> > Thank you for patience as I stumble through this process for the first
> time,
> > -John
> >
> > [1]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1635
> > [2]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1636
> > [3]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1654
> > [4]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1624
> > [5]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1621
> > [6]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1648
> > [7]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1663
> > [8]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1653
> > [9]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1660
> > [10]: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1665
> >
> >
> > john.burwell@shapeblue.com
> > www.shapeblue.com
> > 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London VA WC2N 4HSUK
> > @shapeblue
> >
> >
> >
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message