cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: State of IPv6 implementation
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:25:31 GMT

> Op 21 september 2016 om 18:30 schreef Thomas Schneider <thomas.schneider@euskill.com>:
>

> Hi,
>
> Basicaly I have a plan to implement IPv6 in advanced zone with ospf or
> bgp routing based on this doc with some improvement:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/IPv6+in+VPC+Router
>
> The first thing I will do, is to test my setup by running script manualy
> on the virtual router, and organizing the data about ipv6.
> Once that will be OK, I wloud try to impment the fonctions in the code.

Cool, good to hear.

> I have skills in coding, but if somone can help me to start with the
> cloudstack code it will be cool.

Well, that is a problem. The core is really very, very much IPv4 focused. That needs to be
fixed prior to any IPv6 code.

In Basic Networking it is easier, but advanced is a whole different story. My Advanced Networking
knowledge is also very limited, so I can't tell exactly.

Wido