cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Burwell <john.burw...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Request for comments: Moving to Spring 4 and Java 8
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2016 10:30:55 GMT
All,

Reviving this thread as it would be a Good Thing(tm) to get Spring 4 merged for 4.10.0.0.
 Based on Rohit’s original question, it appears that the only issue is F5 on Java8 (not
on Java7).  Is there someone available with F5 knowledge who can investigate it?  If not,
would it be acceptable to limit F5 users of 4.10.0.0 to Java7 due to this issue?

Thanks,
-John

john.burwell@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London VA WC2N 4HSUK
@shapeblue

On Aug 12, 2016, at 8:14 AM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> All,
>

> It's about time to migrate master to Java 8 JDK and Spring 4. Please help review the
following PRs:

> There are three outstanding issues that I need help and feedback on:
>

> 1. F5 plugin fails to build due to issue likely in the axis dependency library, I've
disabled it from the build now. Do we have a F5 developer/maintainer who can look at it.

> 2. Two unit tests failures due to Spring 4 migration:
>
> com/cloud/vm/DeploymentPlanningManagerImplTest.java
>
> com/globo/globodns/cloudstack/resource/GloboDnsResourceTest.java
>

> Do we have anyone who can help fix the above tests? Deployment planner developers, or
globo-dns plugin maintainers?

> 3. In general, the end-to-end testing of plugins. There may be plugins which are not
maintained or used anymore, we need discuss how to deal with them moving forward. As a first
step we may want to start disable them from the build, especially those failing builds.